Asian Paints SmartCare Crack seal is a single pack fiber-glass reinforced crack filler compound for both interior and exterior surfaces. It comes in a ready to apply white colored paste.
Areas of application
- Cracks on all interior and exterior absorbent surfaces.
- Suitable for plaster cracks of up-to 3 mm width.
- Cracks and gap caused by drying and shrinkage.
- Cracks near windows and doorframes
- Can be used as a substitute for crack-bridging elastic tapes and fabric.
Product features & benefits
- Crack bridging : Strong filling capacity for plaster cracks of up-to 3 mm width.
- Flexibility :High elongation film that accommodates minor movements.
- Mechanical Strength : Strong fiberglass-reinforced film does not let cracks reappear
- Water proofing : Water-resistant film stops water-ingress through cracks
- Adhesion : Very strong adhesion on all absorbent surfaces..
- Low shrinkage : Low shrinkage leads to a strong film.
- Usage : Single-pack ready-to-use and easy-to-apply product.
- Open the cracks and widen the cracks to form a ‘V’ groove.
- Clean the area thoroughly so that it is free from dust, loose particles etc.
- Post cleaning; apply primer in the opened cracks.
- For interior cracks, use Asian paints Deco prime water based primer and for exterior cracks, use Asian paints Exterior Primer (as per regular dilution of 100% with water)
- Apply first coat of Crack Seal on the crack using spatula or putty knife. Use straight from the bucket without any dilution.
- Press the paste firmly into the crack and level with the surface.
- Spread well wide on either side of the crack for better adhesion.
- Apply in consecutive perpendicular layers to avoid leaving air pockets.
- Allow it to set for 6-8 hours.
- Apply the second coat of Crack Seal in the same manner.
- Further finishing like POP or putty can be taken up once the coat is fully dry.
- Do not apply for cracks of more than 3 mm width.
- Do not apply on wet surfaces.
- Meant for plaster cracks. Do not apply on structural or joint cracks.
Available in 360 gms and 900 gms packs
75 running feet /kg for 2 coats (for cracks of 3 mm depth and width)