Ancillaries to keep the paint everlasting Nerolac Exterior primer (water thinnable) & Nerolac Crack Fill Cement Putty (Exterior)..
Nerolac Excel Total Metallic is premium water based, high performance, long lasting exterior paint, formulated to suit the extreme tropical conditions of high rainfall, humidity and heat. The product is based on 100% Acrylic resin and hence it forms a tough and flexible protective film, with an excellent bonding to the substrate, which prevents peeling off or cracking for years together. It gives excellent metallic effect.
PERFORMANCE FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Excellent out-door durability
- Very good colour retention
- High Sheen finish & metallic Effect
- Excellent resistance to fungal and algae growth
- Easy to apply and maintain
- Excellent Water Repellency
Recommended for exterior and interior of houses, architectural and commercial buildings.
The surface to be painted must be free of all dust grease, traces of paint flakes, algae, fungus, etc. The surface previously coated with paint must be cleaned thoroughly with a stiff wire brush, to remove dust, dirt, chalking or any friable material & loose flakes. Wash thoroughly with water and allow to dry. This ensures proper adhesion of the new paint system. In case of fungus affected area applies a liberal coat of Nerolac Fungicidal Solution. Allow it to react for minimum 6 – 8 hrs. For Parapet tops and other horizontal surface application of 3 coats is recommended. All structural cracks must be open in V shape filled with White Cement/Cement based Plasters and leakage should be stopped, before actual painting. Freshly plastered surfaces must be allowed to cure completely. Apply top coats as follows.
RECOMMENDED SYSTEM FOR APPLICATION
Primer* = Self priming of Nerolac Excel Total Metallic (100% thinning)For highly absorbent surfaces like Mangalorean roof tiles, asbestos apply a coat of Nerolac Air Drying Clear Sealerr
|Coverage**||On normal masonry surface by brushing: 80 – 100 sq. ft/ltr/coat.|
|Drying Time||Surface Dry: 30 minutes.|
|@27° ± 2°C & RH 60 ± 5%||Recoating: 6 – 8 hrs.|
|Thinning||Self Priming – Thin 100% by volume with Clean soft Water Top Coat – Thin 30 – 40% by volume with Clean soft Water>|
|Stability of Thinned Paint||Use within 24 hrs|
|Shelf-life||1 years from date of manufacture in original tightly closed containers away from direct sunlight and excessive heat.|
** Actual covering capacity may vary depending upon the surface condition, temperature, wind velocity, application skills, surface roughness, surface porosity & shade.
- Refer MSDS for "Nerolac Excel Total Metallic" for safety measures & precautions.
- Store in well ambient conditions, Ventilated locations & away from the source of ignition and fire.
- Keep away from children.
- Incase of eye/skin contact wash with plenty of water.
- Inhalation / Injection will cause danger. In case move to fresh air & consult medical practitioners in both the cases.
- Do not apply when ambient temperature might drop to level below 10°C within 4 hrs of application.
- New plaster should be allowed to cure for minimum 12 weeks.
- Avoid extra thinning for better results.
- Do not use universal stainers. Stir well paint before application.
- The container must be tightly closed when not in use. Stir well and strain before use.
- Use safety equipments like rubber or polythene gloves, safety goggles / glasses & face mask
Available in Gold, Silver and Bronze shades